Apply to Become a RefugeeRISE AmeriCorps Member
EMBARC's RefugeeRISE AmeriCorps Program is searching for service-minded individuals to serve diverse refugee communities in Iowa. You will work with community agencies to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate education, referrals, outreach, and direct services to refugee families in need.
Looking for candidates that have a(n):
- Interest and respect for different cultures with a commitment to social justice.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English. Ability to communicate in a language of one of Iowa’s refugee communities is a plus, but not required
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to use a computer for e-mail communication, online reporting (monthly time reports, quarterly impact data), and preparing monthly success stories/reflections
- Experience training or teaching adults, preferably across racial, cultural, class, and gender differences is a plus